PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My Travel
Thread: My Travel
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2006, 08:51
A4

Ut Sementem Feeceris

Received 204 Likes on 41 Posts
Who is going to book a holiday by mobile phone? I don't understand why MYT pursue this technology - it's too soon. Look at their (now defunct) TV station. They spent MILLIONS on that at a time when the business was on its knees. Instead of putting it out to a third party production company, they built their OWN TV studio/production facilities at Parkway in Manchester!
I used to work for them and remember at the time the despair on the line at what the mandarins who ran the company were doing - a lot of them ultimately left with ££££'s in the pockets . You would have thought MYT had learnt a lesson regarding "new" technology.
I only hope the new web site is better than the original - it was absolutely DIRE. It just didn't work - far too complex. It would hang or crash or just stop reponding or offer you something TOTALLY unrelated to your original search. If wasn't so serious it would be funny. Again, the Airline kept asking the Holiday company what was being done to fix the problems (because ultimatley it was our jobs that were lost) and NOTHING happened - the website was PANTS for at least two years. This situation continued until it all went wrong big style two years ago.
I have no axe to grind and I sincerely hope MYT prospers for the sake of all my good colleagues still there - but when I read about booking holidays by mobile phone I get a feeling of deja vue.
A4