Thread: Hkg Atc
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2006, 05:11
tolosweetpea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
miles to go

Originally Posted by Carnage Matey!
BB

My airlines flights generally land around 1200-1600L in HKG, and certainly on the earlier flights it seems to be pretty quiet around there. My experience of vectoring to 07L seems to be that its a buggers muddle. One day you'll turned in for a tight base leg having to throw every source of drag out just to stay on the profile, the next you'll be vectored miles downwind and end up dragging it in level at 1500ft. Surely by the time people are turning downwind you must have a good idea of how many miles we've got left to go?
ATC should always get track miles when on vectors - I agree completely - if the freq is not saturated (it can get that way at hk) then I and many others will give track miles and even vectoring intentions if it as an inventive plan. Some at ATC HK let the others down by neglecting to pass track miles to a/c on vectors. I don't give miles to glass cockpit a/c if I take them via direct fixes on the STAR - I understand that you will have the miles on your FMS or be able to work it out without to much difficulty.

BFN
tolosweetpea