PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dunsfold
Thread: Dunsfold
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2006, 20:44
JP1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
General flying

Hi,

Just general flying, but at the moment I am considering gaining my PPL in the US on an intensive course and then joining a relatively local club, to gain further experience. However, I quite like the idea of getting some aerobatic experience in the bulldog (after the PPL). I was browsing the Old Sarum website and it looked like a very good club, however, I noticed that the hourly solo rate was £160. Not knowing whether this was good or bad, I found this club http://www.skysport.dial.pipex.com

and it seems that the site claims their bulldogs are some of the best examples, but their rate is almost £30 cheaper (not sure if there were other charges).

The concept of the frequent flyer discount at Old Sarum was also appealing, and in general I will be looking for further training rather than just flying local VMC.

So I'm just doing a lot of research to determine the best club to join, so in summary:-

1) Range a differrent types of aircraft to fly (complex, multi)
2) Licensed to provide futher flight instruction
3) Frequent flyer scheme
4) Good rates
5) Good Club atmosphere

I flew from blackbushe with Cabair a few weeks back but there certainly was no club feel about the place. I guess that is because its more of a school that a club, but I don't think I would wish to pusure further training there.