PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kokkinelli and the EU
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2006, 19:54
Akrotiri bad boy

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Kokkinelli and the EU

Myself, Mrs Bad Boy and some old chums, have just returned from a trip to the land of the Brandy Sour.

Whilst there we couldn't but help indulge in a few of our favourite things: Brandy Sours, Keo, and Kokkinelli. The brandy sours were the same, Keo also the same, (however since the UK signed the Keoto agreement it is now compulsory to sink a dozen a day), but as for the Kokkinelli, what can I say? Gone is the unlabelled, greasy bottle with an ill fitting ragged stopper decanted from agricultural tanks at the rear of roadside tavernas to be replaced with a smart number sporting a label claiming the contents to be "Village Crop", brewed in this way for over a thousand years, and only available from approved outlets.

If this change in the presentation of Kokkinelli was a requirement for Cypriot accession to the European Union then those meddling Eurocrats have unleashed a monster; where previously only low paid servicemen were subjected to this libation now thousands of tourists could unwittingly be exposed to the most powerful laxative and household cleaner known to man, (Cillit Bang not withstanding).

Does anyone have any memories about Kokkinelli.......because I don't