PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod plane crash in Afghanistan - Condolences thread (no tech or update info)
Old 18th Sep 2006, 15:08
Avtur

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
James C

I am very sorry for your loss and am sure that your kind words words of gratitude would have undoubtedly impressed impressed Oliver.

I too lost a great buddy who I first met 20 years ago when I started flying on the "Brown Bomber" on 42 (TB) Sqn. Although we lost touch over these years because of postings and different career paths, I have always thought about the crazy times that Gareth and I had as young, aircrew "sarges" living in Newquay, and the $hit/ potential $hit that we managed to avoid.

Thankfully I got to see him recently (quite unexpected) and managed to fill in a few gaps and make our excuses why we lost touch... He was a fantastic guy who had a great family, and who I will always kick myself over repeatedly for not keeping in touch.

To answer your question; if you send me a personal message (click on Avtur) I will endevour to provide you with some contact details as requested.

Remember James; time will heal, but will never let us foget.

F34/35