PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - does cross channel check count as PIUS?
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2006, 14:35
skydriller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slim_slag
With respect, that makes least sense of all. You cannot decide after the fact who was legally responsible for a flight which occurred in the past. If the CAA said that then they really are losing their marbles.
Could not agree more!! ....And this was the point I was TRYING to make with my posts!! not try to expand the arguement to P1, P.etc.

Several times during my training some instructor told me to log p1s for a 45 day check and some told me to log put. As I did a couple of these while I was doing my atpl ground school and wasn't flying often. It is not uncommon to see instuctors at the fto I attended arguing about the rules amongst themselves. I think it will help if the fto's have a procedure similar to sop's in airline whereby the rules are clearly stated. If you are going to do a cross channel check it will be logged as put for the student and the instuctor p1.
This is what originally prompted me to ask for clarification too!!

It seems to me that the CAA really do need to get their act together when it comes to giving out advice - especially when it comes to their own flight crew licencing rules. Only then can instructors, and then in turn pilots, get it right also. If they cannot get the simple stuff right, what does it say for the rest of the regulatory process?

Regards, SD..