PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eddie Stobart Air
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2006, 14:22
OPSQUEEN

Anybody wanna buy some aircraft?

Originally Posted by cessna l plate
This could be interesting. Edie Stobart used to employ inspectors on the roads. I once heard of a driver being followed to a service station on the motorway by one of these inspectors, who then sacked the poor sod on the spot as he wasn't wearing a tie !!! Might be a bit of urban myth in this tale, but I know for a fact that it isn't that far from the truth!!

So what happens now, is there going to be a new spy satellite system sent up so they can see if the pilots are smart??

Whose reister will be aircraft be flown on? It is no secret that a fair amount of the Stobart road fleet is regsitered in Belgium to avoid road tax and fuel duty.

Personally, wouldn't let them run a village post round, let alone road transport, but then to remain fair here, I used to be involved in road haulage, and Stobart is the MOL of that industry, makes money and everyone hates him for doing it!!!
Well there's plenty of Emerald aircraft sitting on the Apron at Blackpool without a home to go to at the moment, if he's interested.