PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fast online Notams
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2006, 13:21
Mike Cross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No disagreement IO

The French example is just one I know of. If I can't line up other examples It doesn't mean they don't exist now or can't exist in the future. The fact is that if you took a snapshot of the NOTAM database of State A and compared it with a snapshot of the NOTAM database of State B you would find differences. The safest way is therefore to do what the rules expect and take a brief from a service that uses the database of the State within which your flight originates.

WRT the certification of ANSP's, it would be up to a Court to decide whether or not the briefing you took complied with the requirement of Art 52 of the ANO
52 The commander of an aircraft registered in the United Kingdom shall take all
reasonable steps to satisfy himself before the aircraft takes off:
(a) that the flight can safely be made, taking into account the latest information available as to the route and aerodrome to be used, the weather reports and forecasts available and any alternative course of action which can be adopted in case the flight cannot be completed as planned;.......
I'm only the messenger, I don't write the rules, I was just trying to ensure that drauk knows the way the authorities are moving.

Mike