PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 3
Thread: CORK - 3
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2006, 12:19
asianfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with JohnRizzo2000 in that Cork will simply become a Shamrocks and Harps airport, with the two battling it out. AerLingus will probably continue to put the squeeze on those smaller operators who have opened up some routes and gradually those smaller players will be forced out. Similarly, expect FR to make a big splash once they focus their guns on Cork, which I think they will eventually do. Interestingly, FR more or less have SNN to themselves on euro routes, whereas EI is the dominant player at Cork. Will Cork become a carbon copy of their battle at Dublin? Or will they leave each other alone, with FR having SNN to itself and EI having ORK. Either way, intersting times ahead.
Finally Tom the Tenor, while we all know Irish aviation policy has been a complete joke, I think it is all too easy for the gang at Cork to simply blame the SNN lobby for all their ills. Cork should concentrate on getting its own act together rather than looking enviously over the shoulder at SNN.