PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester - 3
Thread: Manchester - 3
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2006, 11:41
crewboi83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rufus.t.firefly
What is happening at Manchester. Flew in from Eire about a week ago.
Flew out from Terminal 3, returned and parked on remote stand 70 something !! Parked next to a Kuwaiti A300 near as damn it in the long stay car park of TERMINAL 2 !! Actually remarked to the crew that if We parked a further 50 yards I could get in the car park !
Following a lengthy bus ride around the apron back to Terminal 3 We then arrived at the baggage carousel in Terminal 3 !!.
I totally understand where you coming from about the remote stand thing, last month I had a flight where we arrived 20mins early at 2330, however we had to wait till 0015 for the first bus to arrive to take our very P d off pax to the terminal. it didnt help that the coaches also missed us out and seen to the Air Class 737 that pulled up beside us, 40 mins after us! we almost had a riot on our hands it was a complete joke! we had many pax saying to us "your airline has just gone down in our estimations, we wont b coming back" to which i tried my best to politly point out my airline dont operate the coaches it is MAN airport.
So as much as I understand what ur saying i dont agree with your comments to the crew about how close you are to the car park, trust me we are aware of it!!! our staff car park is just on the other side of the fence aswell
It does irritate the hell out of me when we are shoved on remote stands when the whole bloody terminal is free; if MAN airport are going to put us on remote stands in Wythenshawe then can we at least have a bus? and within the first few minutes of arriving would be nice