PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dornier 228 crash in Nigeria
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2006, 08:47
jagunmolu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy RIP

It is indeed a very sad day for the military and Nigerian aviation in general,tha we have lost very intelligent senior officers is indeed very sad.we have also lost very good young aircrew is even sadder,a lesson to be learnt however from this is as pilotsa we should think twice and have the guts to say no to anagement when asked to carry out flights into areas we are not familiar with even at the risk of losing our jobs as life is irreplaceable i have on good knowledge that for commercial reasons aircrew have been pressured to fly into airfields they are not familiar with without going in there with experienced crew members just to oil thier egos saying if A can make it in there why not B,Mashocism does only one thing >puts you six feet below and makes everybody sad worse still makes your family grieve.The pilt of the ill fated plane was a dear colleague that was infact trained by me and this is a real sad loss we should all learn from.I grieve from my soul but what can we do but pray that the souls of the dear departed rest in perfect peace a sad day indeed.