PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - does cross channel check count as PIUS?
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2006, 08:38
skydriller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is everyone trying to make this so complicated?

I fly GA light singles, not comercial 747s.

If I ever need to fly with an instructor - for my licence renewal, to get checked out on a new aeroplane or because I feel I just need the guy there to brush up on skills when I cant fly for a while, then I log PUT. I am paying for him to be there.

The only time I have logged PIC when an instructor is in the aeroplane, is if he doesnt have responsability for the flight. Examples of this would be if the club has a fly out, and an instructor wants to come too, then he is just like any of the other pax Im flying with at the time, or if I give the instructor a lift to pick up an aeroplane from maintenance, he also just along for the ride. In both instances I am not paying for his services.

What is so hard about this, its not rocket science is it?

For most of us it is crystal clear what the rules say and only those on the scrounge for additional P1 time seem to want to interpret the rules any different from what was intended.
I couldnt agree more, To me, P1, PIC, PIC/s, PIC/us, P1s, P1/us, or PUT.....I fly for fun and the only reason I queried this back in 1999-2001 when I first got my licence was because different INSTRUCTORS were telling me to fill in MY logbook differently, and it annoys me to be told two conflicting things.....

Have fun arguing about this some more, I'm happy with MY logbook, and have been for the last 5 years.

Regards, SD..