PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe
Thread: Flybe
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2006, 21:21
flydani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have recently left flybe after doing several years at the base in HQ, and am now flying for a l/h carrier. The company has dramatically changed in the last three years that I was there. The management that had been in place for many years when the company was very small were left in place and either didnt have the skills or were not offered the training to keep up with the pace and size of the expanding company.

The immediate management where i was were very inefficeint, as the previous poster said have just been demonted which had a lot to do with the crew. From a crew perspective it was awful, the roster changed on a dailt basis, you were constantly working into days off and called on every standby. Management and crewing are extrememly unhelpful if you need any favours and i was told several times that if i did not stay to cover extra flights it would be my fault that the aircraft did not leave!!

From a management point of view the crew wanted some one they could talk to and ait their views and that kept in touch with them. We would always mention problems we had at work ie with catering and were never given any feedback. Also many of the crew have been there for a long time and lots are great but there are also a fair number who think the company owe them a living and complaining about the compnay is a hobby which can greatly demoralise the crew who are at least trying to enjoy their jobs.

If you are organised and enjoy a challenge but can also be symapthetic with crew who work very hard with tech a/c and poor cathering the job will be great for you, good luck.