PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM AIRPORT - 2
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2006, 20:57
DTVAirport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MME4eva
Possible new operator is apparently Wizz...flying 3 times weekly to as yet undisclosed destination in Poland.

Would certaintly raise the spirits a bit and-shock horror-represent a sensible and possibly popular route as would no doubt appeal to stag do's and culture vultures alike-added to the fact that Wizz already have a link to Peel at LPL and DSA
Hmmm, whereas I think this is likely to be true, it's not the most common destination for airports such as MME. Sure, it could be successful initially, but if Newcastle were to get a route to the same destination, then I think the route would be killed off.

Speaking of Newcastle, what's this press release on their website? I get the impression they are after a monopoly in the north:

Newcastle International reassures North East travellers following bmibaby’s decision to terminate its operation from Durham Tees Valley Airport.

Newcastle International Airport notes today’s announcement by low-cost airline bmibaby that the airline will terminate all services at Durham Tees Valley Airport by 6th November 2006.

Newcastle International has five low-cost airlines providing services to and from 30 different destinations across Europe, providing the region with an extensive choice of low-cost routes. These destinations include all of those currently operated by bmibaby from Durham Tees Valley, which are Cork, Paris, London Gatwick, Alicante, Malaga and Palma.

Newcastle International’s low cost operators continue to perform strongly at the airport and are enjoying significant growth. Details of all the destinations currently served by easyJet, Ryanair, Flybe, Hapag-Lloyd Express and Jet2.com can be found on the airport’s website together will a full timetable of all scheduled services.

Last edited by PPRuNe Pop; 17th Sep 2006 at 21:24. Reason: Advertising link!