PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Forces Federation (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2006, 17:17
Chugalug2

Received 237 Likes on 73 Posts
But surely that will work in complete opposition to what is needed? You don't want popular commanders, you need good ones! They may be the biggest B's ever, but if they lead from the front, stand their ground against undue pressure and stand up for their subordinates, they will ensure the CoC is effective, up and down. The boss I instanced in an earlier post did not curry favour with his men, but nonetheless went out on a limb for them. It was only because I was dep. adj., as a secondary duty, that I knew what he was doing for them, and made sure they knew! It is for Senior Officers to decide who fills what post and for how long. How do they know how well it is being filled? It is their job to know, not to be gratuitously told, but to find out. That is how a CoC works, or is supposed to. Now I readily admit it often ends up with square pegs, God knows I've known enough of them. That just comes under the headings of rough and smooth! As long as the system functions reasonably well, that is as good as you can expect. It seems now that even the good ones are hamstrung by a lousy system, so change the system! With the discontent apparent in this and other threads on this Forum, I would say that their Airships have a full blown crisis on their hands! They have no option but to grasp the nettle and initiate an urgent inquiry leading to a necessary reform. Yes its going to cost, Gordon, so start putting the money aside now. There is no such thing as a cheap military, it will always cost, one way or the other, and other, it seems, is what we will have to go for. Where does that leave BAFF? Thats up to you guys. The RAF is the responsibility of its commanders, and a right pig's ear they seem to made of it, while my back was briefly turned for a mere 33 years!