PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA ATP - post your questions here.
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2006, 17:09
rick1128

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Panama Jack
Well, just tried getting an SIC type rating added at the Boston FSDO, unfortunately, unsuccessfully.
It seems that it is possible, but my application was shot down on several points-- no signature on the back of Form 8710 in the part of instructor recommendation (I guess I misread the guidance form). Also the inspector had issues with the authenticity of the signature (no title given as to who signed the endorsement), and whether the rubber stamp was added with the signature or whether it was always there on all records. Furthermore, I had handwritten the preamble endorsement in blue ink, and our chief training captain had signed it in black ink-- the inspector claimed I could have possibly added the endorsement after the signature (from whoever it was from) was already on the paper.
Oh well, I guess IŽll have to try again on the next trip to the US.
P.S. Yes Ernest, we are only talking about SIC Type Ratings-- for command ones you have to jump through the US checkride hoops.
I believe that the inspector was in error on the requirement for the 8710 to have an instructor's signature on it. In the past two months, I have sent three pilots over to our FSDO with a 8710 and a copy of their 8410's and I did not sign the 8710's. They were accepted. However the logbook needs to be signed with the PIC's certificate number. Our FSDO is accepting 8410's in lieu of the logbook signoff.