PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - does cross channel check count as PIUS?
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2006, 14:58
theresalwaysone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bose-x
You have to remember that Beagle has been around since the Wright Brothers, he is one of the founding fathers of aviation so everything he says is correct 100% of the time and us mere mortals question at our peril.

But don't worry there are no immortals, especially in aviation.............
Being around for a long time dosnt make you right nor does it mean you are good at what you do. I work for an airline, and some of its best pilots are those in their early thirties.

This individuals arrogance is very plain to see and my experience of arrogant individuals is that they are dangerous in a professional enviroment.

Getting back to the post;

When you take advice that could be of future legal significance always get it in writing, phoning the CAA for advice is like asking 10 people on this forum for advice! When people put things in writing it generally has to go through an approved path and is more of a guartantee of accuracy.

In fact the chap that took adice from the CAA and listed it as below is incorrect

1. Your Logbook is your own personal record.
2. P1/s is ONLY for a flight test with an Examiner, Eg for your PPL, IR, Twin Rating etc. You total these hours as SOLO.WRONG

3. If, when you have a PPL, you fly with an Instructor on a check-out, if he is TRAINING you on a new aeroplane type, ie he demonstrates something to you and touches the controls etc. Then you are PUT and the hours are DUAL. WRONG
4. If, when you have a PPL, you have flown this aeroplane type before and YOU are demonstrating to the instructor you can fly the aeroplane OK, ie he does NOT touch the controls during the flight, then you log the flight as P1 for yourself.

For a start LASORS does not mention P1/s its PIC U/S, (Where did P!/s come from)

Before anyone else makes a post can I respectfully suggest they refer to LASORS first