PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - LGW
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2006, 12:39
Tess Tickelss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are some very admirable responses from existing lgw crew above. I start to see why the single fleet has come about. Can anyone tell me if any of the existing crew on the longhaul fleet will be staying on the single fleet as clearly, lgw is perceived as being a lot more fun.

From reading previous forums on this issue, I was under the impression that the single fleet is a separate company and therefore at present there is no facility to place your name on the transfer list for lhr. What would be my concern is that if you did not want to stay at lgw longterm and lhr advertised for crew, you would have to reapply as an external candidate.

Why is BA so reluctant to allow this anyway? I suppose if, when T5 was opened that BA decided lgw was no longer viable, then their responsibility to the single fleet crew would be less if they were not part of the the same group.

I wish, as flybywire has stated, that I could be really positive about the single fleet but I also feel we have to consider all facts before offering our services for considerably less benefits than lhr get. Now, if transfers were possible, that would be a different thing.