PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas pilots refuse shoe security check
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2006, 11:27
Lord Snot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We all know (or we should know) that they have to security-check the pilots in case they're under duress and/or being coerced into carrying prohibited items through security for the terrorist. The intended target aircraft does not necessarily have to be the same flight the pilot is planning to operate. No one really suspects the pilot is going to freak out and go jihadi..... Why is that simple fact so hard for some people to grasp?

As for the realities of kidnapping, the average person would, I believe, take the hyjacker at his word rather than watch him slice his kid's throat and move onto the next candidate but that's just my opinion.

This out-weighs any concerns about the uninspiring image of the professional pilot who is about to fly Joe Sixpack, his wife and their 3 brats across the Pacific or wherever, being subjected to the same suspicions and indignities as the punters.

Sorry but ranting on about ASICs or crash-axes is just plain ignorant.

The issue of the cleaners, baggage-snatchers and camel-suit-wearers getting airside without going through security (if, indeed, it happens) is the real issue.

The best way to deal with the security Police Academy rejects is to be nice if they're nice or ignore them if they're not. Or just hold up the queue as much as you can.

PS Buster, I'd hate to see them slip-ons flying off ya feet in an accident/incident particularly if you end up having to run away bravely across the tarmac as she burns to the ground behind you...!!

You should wear DMs like I do. With cargo pockets on the pant legs...

Last edited by Lord Snot; 17th Sep 2006 at 12:37.