PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - pilots pay
Thread: pilots pay
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2001, 22:29
pointbreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face pilots pay

Why is it that most of the guys here in the forum bitch about the increase of pilots salaries in the US or the attitude of the SA guys? Am I the only one who does understand that the cockpit costs of most airlines are almost peanuts compared to other cost factors? (especially with big airlines)

Am I the only one who did see management pay being increased by 300% (in my company) over the last couple of years? I personally am still behind the inflation rate in my country although we got a big chunk earlier this year.
Am I the only one who sees more well dressed lawyers and economists run around our headquarter than workforce in company colors?
Am I the only one who did see airlines throw out big bucks all over the place except for their flying staff?
Why is the 2nd question a reporter asks the new Swiss/Chrossair CEO: will you cut the pilots wages? What is it with those pilots salaries I wonder.
Why do LTU pilots will have to give 10%, the rest of all employees 5%? (the management does not comment on their pay)

Fact is: the big money in the business is spent somewhere else but not in the cockpit!!! Thats where a lot of it is earned with professionalism, doing a good job and flying save!