PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Politically Correct Name for this Forum Needed
Old 22nd Dec 2000, 21:39
HugMonster

I agree with most of the above. Just as the duties of "Cabin Crew" are not only in the cabin, the duties of "Flight Crew" are carried out not only on the flight deck.

"Flight Attendant" to me sounds like a waitress. As such, I dislike it. The job of cabin crew, as we all know, is, first and foremost, safety. (That includes, of course, ensuring at regular intervals that the flight crew are not getting dehydrated, hungry, lonely, etc. ) I make a practice, when introducing the cabin crew to the SLF in my boarding PA, of saying something like "In the cabin, looking after your safety, are Doris and Ethel...." just so they might be slightly more likely to realise that the CC's job is not, primarily, serving meals and drinks.

Fa - hmmmm. Very American. Sounds like those girls in short skirts on rollerskates at a drive-in diner. However, I can't at the moment think of a better one, and therefore I agree with Tarantella's assertion - she is a Flight Attendant, and a member of the Cabin Crew.

------------------
Breeding Per Dementia Unto Something Jolly Big, Toodle-pip