PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Forces Federation (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2006, 07:50
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by Two's in
And the other quote made me smile;
Because Officers of the Guards Division have such a close bond with the men and women serving under them, no doubt being able to swap tips on the best place to buy a flat in Chelsea and Polo pony purchases.
I think you are showing the lack of tolerance to contrary views that an organisation like BAFF promotes. "Those not with us are against us",etc. I wasn't in the Guards and am profoundly opposed to a Federation. You will delight the minions in Whitehall by making the military staffs even more biddable to their demands to resist this common enemy! When BAFF comes to an accord over some issue (Pay, Allowances, PVR?) you may be sure that many will shout sellout! Then someone will have the bright idea of starting a rival Federation (Provisional BAFF?), and then Sir Humphrey can divide and conquer! The only 'federation' that has ever worked in the UK Forces has been the Chain of Command. It would seem right now that is not the case. That is a major scandal that must be addressed. Someone with cajoles in the top echelons has to stop scoring points off the other two services, and together make a unified stand against the apparatchiks and their political masters who are fomenting this crisis. It should never have started in the first place, and the senior officers who did not make a stand when the line in the sand was crossed have betrayed their subordinates, their service and their country. To misquote OC, they have been to long in this place, and in the name of God should go!