PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Airbus DEC's?
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2006, 07:41
Aircav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here We Go Again!!!!

We were not promised an upgrade at the 3 year point, but we were promised a fair crack at the whip after 3 years. To my mind that means following what the FOM states quite clearly.

There are upgrades from Bus to 777 but only to those whom meet EK's rather blinkered criteria of who is suitable for transition upgrades. It does not matter if you have double their command time in a reputable airline, if it is not 55tons forget it. It makes no difference if you get 5's in all your PPC's, so don't bother trying. Remember the FCI in JAN ref. this subject, can anyone tell me how it is being followed?? That is what people are pissed off about, there is NO POLICY.

For all of you out there that think that people that have done their 3 years are not being bypassed, get your heads out of the sand. The only sure thing is that as long as it is cheaper to employ DEC's it will be done and bollocks to the rest of us. Until people start walking out on this issue I can assure you nothing will be done. If you can't walk do yourself a favour and keep your blood pressure down and ignore the CLOWNS.

Remember "every dog will have his day".