PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ***warning***
Thread: ***warning***
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2006, 06:32
Charlie Rich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please show me where in my posts I have said "horrible Australians"!!! A prime example of what I mean by making sure what you say is fact and not Muppetry...

par?a?phrase
- noun
a restatement of a text or passage giving the meaning in another form, as for clearness; rewording.

the act or process of restating or rewording.

As written earlier, Danny, your opening posts were what lead me to PARAPHRASING that choice of descriptive words.

Generally, we Aussies are noted for our sense of 'fair play', and I took exception to the couple of 'bitch slaps' posted by YOUR moderators, at a time when I was prohibited from responding.

Posted by PPRuNe’s moderators beneath my contribution:
You abviously missed out on the lesson plan marked conflict spiral too...so let me to introduce you to the CRM (Cretin Reactive Moderating) version of a bitch slap.

Charlie Rich vbmenu_register("postmenu_2844943", true);
Banned... Persona Non Grata

As for the litigation argument you put forward, you and I are both fully aware that something such as that is almost entirely unenforceable, for many reasons.
1) The conditions under which the forum is operated indicate that the owner(s) of the website are not responsible for the content.
All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of PPRuNe Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

2) When registering on PPRuNe, there is nothing to indicate that a poster can NOT post potentially litigious comments
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise in violation of any laws.

3) Where would the proceedings take place? You reside in the U.K., your host is in the U.S. and the comments might come from one of any number of countries. Indeed it WOULD take someone with a spare million or two to even bother commencing proceedings.

Imo, the arguments you have put forward are bluff and bluster to pander to your own sentiments.
One of the "problems" I have had with PPRuNe for a few years now, is the INCONSISTENCY of the moderation, not only from one forum to another, but ESPECIALLY within the D & G arena.

Of course there has also been a maturing of the original audience - I kicked off here (as Kapitan M) back in 1997 - and since then, another generation has come up through the ranks. Hence there has been a transition during which there has also been a change in mindset.

BUT...that is no excuse for the INCONSISTENCY OF THE MODERATION.

There was a particular period in time (1989) following which there was heated debate here between both sides.
Full credit to the moderators of that era, a FAIR hearing from BOTH sides - warts and all - was permitted to run.
Today on PPRuNe, I find YOUR moderators are apparently able to influence discussion by editing, and/or deleting posts THEY find don't fall into line with THEIR own personal thinking.
Hence a poster finds that that which is acceptable on one day, is totally UNacceptable the next.

What most people are looking for, imo is a fair and equal voice for each party, devoid of over-excessive interference from the mods.

If you want to have a Danny Fyne Rules O.K. Forum, then perhaps it's time to set one up, and limit membership to like-minded persons.
I thought you had set PPRuNe up as a PUBLIC Forum - but perhaps I was mistaken.