PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas pilots refuse shoe security check
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2006, 02:08
Roadrunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course none of it makes sense due to the fact that the beurocrats are making the decisions.

It s^*#s me to death, the whole fiasco.
We are made to take our shoes of in Japan if the dinger goes off. No use complaining as you just get blank stares.

As I have had my bags broken into twice on my way to Japan via Sydney (QF 21) I would like to see Qantas get real about the thieving of personal belongings. The job is done I am sure during the transport of the checked through baggage from Domestic to International. Well away from the cameras in the back of a van no doubt.

Qantas management say, "All security issues are taken very seriously at Qantas." a quote from an article re the shoe affair in Manila.

If this is the case then management should take the the thieving issue way more seriously.

If those thieving sons of you know what's can get into your bags and steal stuff then they are equally able to plant what ever they want in return.

THIS, is a big security issue which has been ignored by airlines and government for far too long.

I remember back in the 80's when they had a bunch of thieves red handed at TAA, invisible powder on the fingers and all, the snatchers ( no pun intended) were protected by the union and nothing happened.

What a crock.