PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas pilots refuse shoe security check
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2006, 23:50
pakeha-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah mate!..in the "perfect "world that would most certainly be the avenue to take.....problem is we are far from the "perfect" world.....and so the reality of the situaton is that we spend huge amounts of money and time in the wrong areas.

I take exception to the fact that frequent fliers should have priortiy over airline staff,the argument stands that they pay our wages...for sure,but if we are not there to do the job,it now becomes a moot point....

I compare airline security to airline crashes,we look for zero tolerance but the odds of acheiveing that are unrealistic.....so ...spend the money ,time and resources in areas where you are "most likely" to find and have your problems.....not at aviation personal who have been checked checked and rechecked,(that is not to say they shouldnt be screened)

We are running a fine line,and if I were a betting man ....I,d put money on it that the "next" aviation drama will not come from "at the roots" aviation personal.....but from sources far outside the industry. .....PB