PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas pilots refuse shoe security check
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2006, 23:33
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PA Boy,
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean and with someplaces it is like fort knox at the front with the back gate wide open.

I agree totally that there are openings so big you could drive a mack truck through and it is not acceptable.If it is good enough for one person to be screened then it is not only good enough but just as critical for everyone to be screened.

I think there should be a security team watching the loading and sealing of catering trucks before they leave the catering centers and the drivers go through a process not only before they enter the catering center but when they enter the sterile area of an airport as well.This should apply to engineers as well as cargo personel and to people bringing newspapers to the papershop.

As you mentioned no one should be able to enter (or leave for that matter if you are concerned about other matters such as drugs and theft) a sterile area without screening.The main problem is I believe Money and that is what is behind Max's suggestion to relax screening of frequent flyers.Fixing the problem in Australia is one thing but ensuring it is done in other countries will be a nightmare