PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What jobs are you doing whilst waiting for that first flying job?
Old 16th Sep 2006, 23:23
Pressure Error

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just finished CPL/IR, I have done the whole thing whilst keeping my current job within the Electricity Distribution Industry. Now the hard bit getting a Job as a pilot.
I have met a lot of great people through out my training (over 5 Years) and would do it all again even if I don’t ever get a job, Keep it all in prospective it will become a job like any other in time, an airline is the same as any other large company you will need to fit in regardless of your training history.
To any wanabe or student nearly every instructor I have met so far now fly’s for an airline, mostly modular guys with life experience that makes them interesting people to talk to. Don’t get down listening to any integrated / modular argument as there are pros to both, I know modular & integrated people working for BA Mainline. Question the interest of any company that recommends one route or the other.
Good luck to all searching for jobs and remember if you hold a license you already have a major achievement to be proud of .