PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2006, 23:14
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting letter to the media regarding J*....

"Jetstar Airways - by **************
13 December 2005

Cairns - Sydney. I've grumbled about Jetstar before, but this time I really was left totally unimpressed. I've flown Qantas for over 25 years, so perhaps I'm spoilt, but this new Jetstar thing just doesn't sit right with me. I watched two checkin clerks treat every passenger, and then me, with utter contempt. The underlying message: "If you're so tight-ar$ed to fly Jetstar, then what do you expect?" First time in over thirty years of flying I was charged for excess baggage. "You're x-kilos overweight. That'll be thirty-five dollars. How would you like to pay for that, sir?" Stony-faced (thing) stares me out. "Will cash be okay?" I respond after a suitably uncomfortable pause. Even though I am in the first dozen checked passengers, I still get the second stampede. Flight is packed, but still doesn't stop hosties having a sit-down and chit chat. When I say it's like flying Franklins, Aussies will know what I mean (!) Had to laugh when I heard Mr Dixon proudly announce this "airline model" is ready for the international market."

I would like to see Darths reaction to reading that.As with most crew who have been flying a considerable time ,we understand it is not what you do but how you do it .Excess baggage has always been a problem but the airlines have always sucked up to frequent flyers but now with LCC you pay for what you want.