PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Training
Thread: PPL Training
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2006, 20:10
IRISHPILOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We expect that the original poster wants to go on to JAR CPL, as he posted originally in the professional forum. Therefore he needs an ICAO PPL, which he wants to do in the US, Europe or Africa. He wants to do this in the least of time and no one can answer these questions to date.

I have never even looked into any of the mentioned schools, as I have the licence already, so I googled them now and found two schools in Ormond Beach.

One offers an ICAO PPL with night qualification and RT licence (which is not a JAR requirement, but a UK thing) for USD6466. The other offers an ICAO PPL with night qualification and RT licence for USD3590 (under FAAs, you are entitled to an RT licence - you simply order + pay online, a couple of weeks later it's in your letterbox).

At the end, you get a very similar product, both usable for what he needs it. The more expensive one includes landing fees (which are almost non-existing in the US), VAT (which is somewhere around 6 or 7 %), accommodation. So you are paying around USD2500 for 21 nights accommodation, which is quite steep.

But the orginal poster wants it done in 21 days, and this is easier accomplished under the FAA system (due to the ground exams). - If it was for price, then I am sure there are cheaper FAA PPLs around, and the JAA PPL can be had for the same money in JAA land, but as he said he wants to go there for the quick licence. No one, including me, has actually answered his question wether there are other places offering QUICK PPLs.

out. IP

Last edited by IRISHPILOT; 16th Sep 2006 at 21:48. Reason: speeling