PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - information plsease
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2006, 19:45
PK-KAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I said on http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=243817
Like Indonesia Air Asia, Lion Air now only hires locals... Expat hirings in Indonesia is more or less frozen for Part121 ops or 135 with 121 type supplement ops.

Lion Air's 30 739ERs coming in 2007-2010 and 30 more after that... They'll need pilots for that, but bear in mind the current freeze in expat hiring for pilots. If they can't get people to man those 739ERs then yes, they'll take in foreign pilots on short term contract. However, that they still have their pilots on their A(C)MI leases to Myanmar and Pacific Airlines I heard... and that the MD82s will be withdrawn and the 734s progressively after that... so they'll get pilots from the current pool too. They are also currently active in hiring locals from other airlines, after the previous hirings of predominantly Merpati crew, now they're enjoying the Adam Air exodus... Many Adam Air pilots see this as the lesser of the two evils... God knows where Adam gets its pilots from.

If you wanna try your luck, feel free to do so, I dunno what Lion has up its sleeves with the DGAC on foreign hiring though I don't think they want non-rateds... but what I heard from the guys there and the ones who left, expect >90hr monthlies and a little "jigging" of your logbook to keep you legal below the 110 - 120hr monthly hard limits and throw that annual limit out the window.

Hope this helps...

Cheers..