PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F4 Phantom
Thread: F4 Phantom
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2006, 17:56
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 118 Likes on 85 Posts
Quirk of fate here it seems. Am currenly house clearing the family home as we are moving my mother to Suffolk. It's amazing what you find !. In this case, the complete set of Airframe course notes and schematics for the beast. Presumably, I dropped them off there years ago when, having done the course ( and nothing changes it seems ! ) some bluntie at Innsworth decided my services were needed on 431 MU instead of a Sqdn--which was a good tour I admit and where the serial number on the airframe ended up in the crew room after XV 431''s non standard return to earth.----so, some nostalgic reading ahead this winter.

Thread drift here and my apologies, however, it may be of interest to some.

Zoom,

I seem to recall you said you were in the camera ship when the mixed Gnat / Hunter formation got airborne at Valley ?. I have also found seven b/w shots of the event--two air/air shots are taken from below the formation, another from above with the formation entering light cu. Another shows the formation over Valley. The remaining two are of the Gnat line, as was, and taken from opposite ends on the day in question.

I can't scan these in here, but, if anybody can I will happily forward them for this purpose. If anybody is interested of course.