PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 16th Sep 2006, 16:54
-b-lokie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best flight schools, australia, TR...?

this might be a long drawn out question so I will do my best to make it as simple as possible. I'm graduating this year with a B.Sc. and a B.Ba. but now I want to become a pilot, always have just put more emphasis on my education.
I want to go to the best of the best regardless of cost, just as long as they are highly recognized in their training in the industry, so does anyone know a few around the world where their pilots are highly sought after?
Also, can I extend that question further by asking, what flight schools does australia have and are there any that are really good and/or comparable to some around the world. I ask cuz my fiance is down there doing chiro and I'm getting quite sick of doing this so... its a final push, ha.
And finally, to add to some of the questions about type rating, I've looked at intercockpit-lufthansa and they offer three type ratings in 737 and A320. Now is it really that crucial to obtain type rating at that cost (~80,000e) when you are only graduating with just under 250 hrs? Would it not make more sense to go to a flight school for like 45000usd and then use the extra 40000 to just get your flying hours up? What are ppls thoughts on that? Oh and on top of it, your really only banking 15hrs in the simulator so... when I assume you'd need alot more than 15 hrs + 250 TT!!

hope someone can help,
thanks.