PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - LGW
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2006, 15:48
Rach-G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was EF LGW then transfered to EF LHR and am now at WW LGW soon moving to WW LHR, any advice I would give to anyone soon to be starting at Single fleet is maybe try and see if you can stay in the hold pool until BA start recruiting again for Heathrow, as I said I have now worked at all the Fleets and all have pro's and cons. But EF LHR and the WW fleets are much better paid, also it is a myth that EF LGW crew like to tell themselves that Mainline BA aren't as Fun Loving as EF LGW, but this is totally untrue, I've made such great friends since being at Mainline and as the money is better people can afford to enjoy themselves Down route. I think many people are joining Single Fleet under the pretence that It is British Airways Mainline contract with the associated pay and conditions that they may have heard about, but it is not, Single fleet LGW is totally different working practices and different rates of pay, with less days off from Longhaul trips. I know this will get a lot of responses from the EF LGW crew as they are very patriotic to LGW and don't like anyone highlighting the bad points of Singlefleet but I am not posting this as a "dig" at EF LGW but only to give future recruits some of the facts.