PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI and an Unaccompanied minor problem
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2006, 11:17
B412

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry BMI and an Unaccompanied minor problem

For those of you that send children unaccompanied, a word of warning! Recently I sent my daughter to Texas via Chicago with BMI. Her flight was delayed at MAN, it happens, but sadly that resulted in an 11 year old being left at Chicago for 16 hrs. It appears minimal attempts were made to reschedule her within the US. I guess that its is difficult as they have so few airports and carriers and the flight to the US is so fast!, leaving no time for re-scheduling. Worse still was, NO contact at all was made with her parents to advise of this problem! And upon arrival at her final destination her bags were lost. (Naturally not BMI's fault they say!)
And to end the sorry saga, they lost her bag on the way home again! And for all that grief a dear sir we are so so sorry. But as for compensation or anything else, we don't thik it is warrented in this case. Not even a lousy upgrade.
As a pilot and a regular flyer, It sticks with me knowing that the paying public are really there purely to grease the shareholders wallets. That as a modern day air traveller, with all the baggage restirictions, security etc, an airline cares so little for an unaccompanied minor!
My advice to you all, check out very carefully the airline before entrusting them with your children, and stay away from sending them with BMI!