PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thick passenger comments
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2006, 06:22
MNBluestater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool This is a GREAT STORY

Originally Posted by Taildragger67
Possibly an urban myth, but here goes...

L/H preparing to depart from a certain republic in the Southern Hemisphere where they play rugby.

Economy class, gentleman of colour quietly seated awaiting departure when elderly woman not of colour approaches her seat next to said gentleman.

Elderly woman then approaches CC, staing firmly that she can't possibly be expected to sit next to said gentleman for such a long flight. CC replies "Of course, ma'am, I'll see what I can do"; goes forward.

CC returns a few minutes later and says to the old girl, "Ma'am, we've found a solution to your situation", turns to the gent and says, "Sir, if you'd like to follow me, we have a spare seat in first class for you".
Good story here. I have one as well. I was cc with a young beautiful woman (of color) Omaha to Chicago. She was getting a lot of "looks" and a negative vibe from many of the passengers, so as the position one flight attendant, I made an announcement upon arrival at Chicago : "Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to inform you that this is the last flight for one of our flight attendants today, D. Edwards. She is pursuing her doctorate at the University of Chicago in International Studies and Communications."
You should have seen how sugary sweet and congratulatory the passengers got towards my coworker as they deplaned. Ms. Edwards and I became great friends and we always had a laugh on how we pulled one over on those rascals...

Last edited by MNBluestater; 16th Sep 2006 at 06:52.