PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Slot times and Stars in Darwin
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2006, 00:15
Left Unrestricted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When all aircraft cannot be accommodated then priorities will be applied. Obviously all aircraft get in in the end so one could argue that priorities never kick in and aircraft are just delayed for sequencing.
I have seen the situation already where an RPT aircraft was slowed by 6min to accommodate GA aircraft that had booked the clashing slots hours in advance. It would have perhaps been a larger delay had LAHSO not allowed us to double book a slot. In my opinion this goes beyond sequencing and into application of priorities. All 4 aircraft wanted to arrive at DN at pretty much the same time, all could not be accommodated and so the RPT aircraft was delayed. To me sequencing is what I do inside 40nm when I give a small vector or a bit of speed control to make sure I have x miles on final.

RENURPP
Without knowing the specifics of what was going on at the time can I suggest that if you wanted a 11 NDB with 29 as the duty RWY you perhaps may have been delayed due to a departure off the duty RYW? Just guessing but this is not unusual. Also TWR may have required the delay because they had something going on and couldn't immeadiately accept a non-duty approach. Again just speculating without knowing the specifics.

Frozo
TMP applies to all aircraft at or above FL130, so you would have to be cruising at FL120 to dodge a STAR.