PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2006, 20:23
PompeySailor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Roland Pulfrew
Anyone know if the old pay system is going to be reintroduced?? I am currently down only a relatively trivial £250-ish and so far only for 2 months. Fortunately I am keen and aware enough to challenge some of the issues on my pay statement, but what about those currently OOA or who are perhaps not quite as rigorous at checking their statements?

I do not find the new statement anywhere as near as user friendly as the old one. The utter stupity of getting a refund of food charges etc for a period of leave paid back as the amount divided by 30 or 31 days is utterly stupid. Why do we have to have this? Why can't they just refund No of days away x daily food charge? Is anyone out there listening? Do their airships care? Or are the fat, dumb and happy? After all DCDS Pers seems content that JPA is working!!!!

Oh and I understand that DCDS Pers (he who was responsible for the introduction of this farce) has just ordered that all "open" calls from the first 4 months of JPA be "closed" - after all they must all be sorted by now!!! So if you still have an "open" call I suggest you check its status.
JPA do release updates/bulletins, but you have to be on the system to see them! One that you may be interested in that the RAF will lose all access to the system when the RN come online for a 10 day period. And then unit HR staffs (the ones that they decimated) will be the only people allowed to access the system for an unspecified time after that.

The "closing calls" is correct, and they also operate a policy of "group closure" - if more than one person has the same problem, they investigate it as a group issue, and close off everyone's call regarding that subject. Nice way of keeping the numbers down!