PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM AIRPORT - 2
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2006, 20:23
MME4eva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well soem wise words said already which i echo...24hrs later and im still seething with the arrogance of WW. Ok Ok its business and they have to make money so no sentimentality re:long standing association with DTV but they have well and truely left MME up creek without a paddle!never have i heard of an airline simply uping sticks completely from a base in such a way!

I have it on good authority that, alongside MME's agreement that they will not let any other jet operator on a MME-London route, WW were given next to peanuts landing charges and also the guarantee that no other LOCO would be allowed to base at the airport. Their thanks?treat DTV and the flying public of the Tees Valley with contempt!

Im booked on an AGP in October and part of me wants to boycott and not fly with them but obviously they would only win finacially if i was to not go.

Withr regards to future plans, AGP PMI and ALC will no doubt be picked up by someone. My guess? TOM surely must be looking seriously at DTV given that they are a known brand follwing the last two summer seasons flying programme as well as the fact that DSA doesnt really cross over with MME' catchment area which is why I feel LS would not be interested given they have NCL and LBA bases already.

I guess time will tell but as another poster says...overnight we've slipped down the league alongside HUY and NWI just when we were on the up-the phrase 'putting your eggs in one basket' springs to mind!