PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Metal Legs.
Thread: Metal Legs.
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2006, 17:46
luffers79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Metal Legs.

As a newcomer to PPRuNe Forume , I am very impressed with the Help & Advice already received on site & by Email. Thankyou !!
A few replies have now been neutralised by other replies. ( Methwold - not Feltwell: Air Test: Brandon. ). At least the New Zealander & Wellington seems to add up.
Anyway, itīs the medical part of the story that has always intrigued me for nearly 50 years, hence my starting this thread.
Thereīs no point in saying that the skin is unlikely to have survived over 10 years, because I touched it !!
However, I will concede the following :-
I asked him how the skin had lasted so long . He said that nobody knew.
Obviously there might have been some bits of flesh etc remaining with the skin & Iīm sure the "sleeve" was not neat, tidy & undamaged. Was this enough to sustain "life" ??
Where we "tapped" his leg was on his metal "shin" (which wouldnīt have much flesh anyway ). Maybe there was more (flesh/veins etc) at the rear of his legs ??? I donīt know.
Incidentally, he only just made it over the roofs of Feltwell. The crater was very close to the village.
" Life is something that happens when you had other things planned". (My current favourite saying !!).