PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas pilots refuse shoe security check
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2006, 17:09
pakeha-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yanks find a solution....$200

,...this one has to top the list...the yanks are now trying to push/pursue a Registered/preferred traveller programme through.For approx $200,you get a security check ,to prove your not a terrorist,you get your ID card ,then you get to "speed through" the security checkpoints.....bloody lovely!!!

The problem....those that ply their trades at these airports,flight crew,Lame,s,and others,get to stand in line,scratching their nuts,looking for seagulls.I reckon 26yrs of checks,security checks,verified airline employment doesnt mean jack-poop anymore....

At every airport I go through ,thee seems to be a small fraternity of airline workers that are able to bypass a system,which is manadatory for Paxs,and all others that want to enter a secure area,and until there is one standard for all,this debate and the security of all airports will always be at risk....from anybody,ie the most suspicious to the poor bloke with the knee surgery.....unfair,but when you have a system with double triple standards,go figure.

So I reckon Ive flown at least a billion miles,so my advice....apply for the registered Pax Programme as you will almost certainly get to work on time without having to take your shoes off...PB