PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Slot times and Stars in Darwin
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2006, 13:18
RENURPP

Received 33 Likes on 8 Posts
Not true. Priorities only kick in if all aircraft cannot be accommodated. Sequencing is not denying priority.
Ok I was basing that on Left Unrestricteds comment ". The later notice we receive for aircraft on STARs is creating a situation where their estimate clashes with a slot already booked by a GA aircraft and so the STAR aircraft is slowed, effectively giving the GA aircraft higher priority."
Maybe I have missunderstood what he means here?
This presumes that the other aircraft was a lower priority. S, N, and M have the same priority.
a. with equal status:--
(1) scheduled commercial air transport operations;
(2) non-scheduled commercial air transport operations;
(3) military aircraft (other than training flights);
(4) aircraft engaged in the personal transport of
-- State Governors or the Administrator of the Northern
Territory,
-- State Premiers or Chief Ministers of Territories;
(5) aircraft participating in Medical (MED 2) operations;
AIP Australia ENR 1.4 -- 17 16 MAR 06
b. with equal status:
(1) general aviation aircraft proceeding to a primary aerodrome;
(2) military and civil training flights; and
c. other operations.
Yes you are correct. I was assuming it was a lower priority. It is likely I was wrong!
It was a non scheduled or what ever private is? single from BTI.
The advice I got from App was that there was a lighty from the island which had a conflicting slot time which didn't turn up.
I wasn't concerned that we would arrive later or slow down, I requested a 11NDB and we were told we would require 2 holding patterns, i.e. 8mins.
Runway in use 29, so we wanted the cirlcing app. We would have gone overhead around 5-6000, the BTI traffic would have joined on a right base, I assume, even if he turned up on time, were is the 8 mins?
We elected not to carry out the NDB, and later were advised of the above. Now considering we don't talk to you guys until we are well and truly on descent I would have thought that you may have an idea of whats happening in the next 10 mins or so?? Thats what bugged me. There ended up being no other arrivals or departures for at least 20 mins??
I have no idea how this system works, it appears though, that once issued, there is no follow up on "NO Shows" for slot times. 33nm to BTI, say a 210, it would have to take 13 mins minimum. When do you guys hear of their departure and imminent arrival?
So from my point of view thats not good enough and the system isn't working efficiently, at the moment!

Last edited by RENURPP; 15th Sep 2006 at 20:24.