View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2006, 12:04
SXB
Riding the Euro Gravy Plane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Posted by Slim Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Final 3 Greens
(Slim Slag please note that I am backing Globalier's view here and accept that the difference may be statistically significant, but 35% of b*gger all is.....)

Ouch, my ears.

So call up the higher priced airline and ask them to price match. If, as you say, the difference is b*gger all and these higher priced airlines are so much better at customer service, there should be no reason why they shouldn't match. Let me know how you get on.
Not only are the legacy often close to the loco fares there are also occasions when they are cheaper.

I'm travelling from Bale to London for xmas (23/12 - 29/12) with the family and I just booked BA BSL-LHR for €131 per person. I looked on the Easy website and they were offering BSL-LTN for a low of €112, though on closer inspection both the outward and inward journeys are at extremely unsociable times, if you book Easy for daytime flights the costs rockets to €166. Now, obviously I'm not going to wake up my kids at 3.00am to catch flight so I'll take BA and also save myself €140 in the process (saving of €35 per person over Easy daytime flights)

Many of the Locos do have hidden disadvantages, especially concerning the times of a lot of their flights, personally I don't like getting up in the middle of the night to catch a flight which might save me €20 or so.