PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ***warning***
Thread: ***warning***
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2006, 11:36
Pass-A-Frozo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Danny,

Your advertising page lists the following:

65% of PPRuNe readers are from Europe, while North America and Australia are tied for second place at around 13% (each) of the daily views. PPRuNe provides enough global readership to accommodate almost any regional advertiser's needs.
Wouldn't this be why Dunnunda gets it's own forum? Wouldn't you be promoting the fact that Australia, a country with less than 7% of the US population gets just as many views? You'd have to assume you have almost a monopoly on Aviation related net traffic in this country. Sounds like a marketing opportunity to me. If anything shouldn't you consider what has made this area of your site so popular and try extend that to other areas rather than smacking our naughty bottoms. I would suspect Australia has the highest number of site views per capita than any other nation?

I guess I'm a little confused why you'd tell advertisers your site offers to meet regional advertiser's needs yet you appear to be chasing us out of our regional forum? I would doubt many people would specifically request advertising in the "Air routes" forum?? Of course I'm happy to be corrected. As you'd be aware - ever company advertising wishes to hit the target audience.

and
57% of our readers are Professionals (either doctors, lawyers, pilots, CEO's, or high ranking executives). We also have a large Technical/Engineering readership and a large percentage of university students. (Demographics Chart #1)
Wouldn't this explain the amount of non Professional Pilot related posting? Again you are telling advertisers they can target these people yet on the other hand are telling the posting community "This is a professional pilot site" which I imagine would make non-Professional pilots believe that they are not welcome.

Doesn't having a unique "catch all" area for postings by Australians lend itself to advertising opportunities?

I think your last post sums it up best. You are worried about libel. Certainly that has gone on a little.

Some of the most contentious topics generate the most traffic. These topics in Australia at the moment seem to be related to management type issues. Perhaps encouraging "robust" debate in these areas is the way to go in order to offer Australian advertsers a large number of "site views" by the target audience (Australians!). Albiet not at the expense of opening yourself up to litigation

Last edited by Pass-A-Frozo; 15th Sep 2006 at 13:49.