PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ***warning***
Thread: ***warning***
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2006, 09:44
Capn Bloggs

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts
Danny,

I have been watching this thread with interest after initially having been stunned by your first post. I participate in a few other internet forums and yes, they do not carry on like Prune does at times. On the other hand, the subjects are completely different. They don't concern my line of work, nor do the participants have common bosses, politicians, manipulators of politicians (XXX), challenges and other things that stir passions in pilots.

I see your issues with D&G as two-fold: firstly, that Dununder does not deserve to be a "catchbasket" for all things Ozzie professional aviation and two, the quality of the posts.

As has been said previously, and it's a sentiment I support, we have a fairly small (in the big scheme of things) aviation "scene" here and to split the threads up into the other forums on Prune just doesn't seem fair. After all, I have looked at a few, take the airports forum for example, and one thread there has more posts than all of the "current" D&G threads combined! I don't know how you decide when to "split" up a Forum, but please leave D&G as it was: it is great, convenient a one-stop shop for us and the best way to keep track of what is going on here in Oz. This would also be beneficial for the mods, because the pommie mods of the Airlines forum (who probably wouldn't know Skywest, let alone any litigous posts) are much less likely to understand the local nuances of a Ozzie airline thread. Most of the D&G mods know the local identities and can much more easily spot a rogue post/poster than a pom mod.

On the second point, D&G (and any other internet forum for that matter) is only as good as it's mods. It's like a Check and Training organisation: of course there are going to be rednecks and ratbags in any group; it's up to the mods to sort them out. I therefore sheet home a lot of the blame for the state of D&G to the moderators ("ban Bloggs" incoming?!). I personally believe they could come down a lot harder on the morons we have here.

Once again, thanks for a great website for airing and ideas and....reading rumours. The cleaning lady is now so old it makes me cringe talking to her. I'd much rather get it from here!