PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Excel Airways
Thread: Excel Airways
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2006, 08:52
Daft Wader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In defence my 'lud...

Hello
I would like to point out that there are many people in all departments working extremly hard to try and turn the corner at XL, a company that is evolving from a complicated background.When you merge the different cultures of AAI and XL there are bound to be clashes,both of operational ideas and more likely as some of the above posts show personalities.
We are all fully aware of the disruption and the difficulties that this then presents to crew, that situations that we face are the result of decisions not made by the guys and gals in ops , crewing etc , they just have the thanksless task of pushing pi*s up hill.
I believe that many guys on the 757 / 767 are on their toes to Flyglobespan, will it be any better there ? You might find some family connections in the senior management there , perhaps a case of same sh*t different colour ? Surely they suffer from delays and tech aircraft ?
Many of the crew appear to be relatively happy , we have many guys that are getting good hours ,flying modern equipment ( B737NG) , progressing up the ladder.And a lot of the guys of the B757 / B767 seem to be content as well.
As for rosters arriving with only 4- 5 days notice , I can think of one only one occasion when this was the case ,and due to some huge disruption to the flying programme,and I think it was actually 7 days.
At any company there will be a percentage of crew who are not happy,that is my own personal experience ,and they are always about to leave to go to VS, Ba or EK,for vast somes of money but in general they never do.
To answer the original question ,why not apply to XL ,things are changing ,too slowly for some but definatly for the better.
May the farce be with you
Daft Wader

ps sorry for any poor speeling and gramma I didnt go to skool.