PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ***warning***
Thread: ***warning***
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2006, 07:08
Danny

aka Capt PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep it coming. It all gets read. Robust discussion is one thing but too many people don't have enough brain cells to differentiate between "robust" and anything that can be used in a court of law should the target decide that "robust" has caused their reputation some harm. It isn't your backside on the line but mine and until the self anointed "I know the law but don't have a degree in it" know-it-alls get their limited mental capacity around that concept then I will still wield the big-stick which will no doubt infuriate some of you.

Then again, comments such as "...as you accuse many of those other "horrible Australians" of being guilty (of)." Please show me where in my posts I have said "horrible Australians"!!! A prime example of what I mean by making sure what you say is fact and not Muppetry which is why so many threads have had to disappear from this forum. It is not just 'Australians' (note; no mention of the word "horrible" ) who have a habit of not understanding the rules but I will admit that statistically, Antipodeans outnumber the rest of the world in their ability to offend each other to the point of threatening litigation. Obviously, the richer you are the more likely you are to actually carry out a threat or at least try and get this website shut down in the knowledge that your millions can cause enough trouble without having to actually go the whole hog.

So, some of you obviously have very high horses and ego's at stratospheric altitudes too. Far too elevated to actually understand what is written and instead choose to add your own vitriol in order to try and put emphasis where none is needed. Rather than simply trying to understand that there are limits on what can and can't be written on here, robust or not, perhaps you should try and understand that if you don't have the intelligence to limit what you want to argue about then PPRuNe isn't going to be your protective coat of anonymity.