PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Slot times and Stars in Darwin
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2006, 22:52
RENURPP

Received 33 Likes on 8 Posts
Thats fine, I don't know what ATC really want.
I would have thought following guidance in AIP would have been best,(on first contact)if you are visual of course, if ATC don't like it, they can put in a submission to change it.
I may be wrong, (again) in the past, when we reported visual wasn't our strip notated with a V, and then you could plan accordingly? For planning purposes isn't early notice of our request an advantage?

Anyway. It has been good to get responses from DN ATC guys and gals, Too many times in the past it ends up in a slanging match. I hope you find the time to continue discussing some of these issues with us. I find it good value.

I would still like some input on the following.

How do the slot times work?
The NOTAM said it was intended for aircraft departing within 200nm (I think), it appears now to include every body?

Lighties phone up for slot times, jets don't, does our late notice affect our slot time?

Is there still a priority system. RPT/non schedule etc involved in the slot system?

What happens if an aircraft cannot meet its slot time?

When on a STAR, can you advise the reason you clear us in steps rather than descent to say 3000ft, traffic being an obvious reason, is there another?
Seems to create a lot of chatter.