PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM AIRPORT - 2
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2006, 20:18
onion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Centrefix why wont ryanair do flights to spain? Ok they only fly to Malaga out of those lost but Alicante can be covered by Girona or Reus, so why not?
Secondly Flybe can cover the routes quite well I think with there fleet with a mixed base of Dash 8 and emb 195s. Although the 195s are probably earmarked for elsewhere. With regards to easy or jet2 I don't think they would be interested but again they are well suited for the routes as long as they actually operate them correctly.
Centrefix do I sense a little bias towards Newcastle and a little bit of fun poking? Just imagine if Newcastle lost 30-40% of their pax overnight. Just think of the joblosses, not so funny is it.
Hugh Lang did say that he hopes to have 50% of the services restored within 6 months and that it has put the airport behind a year.
Notice Ryanair are making 1 airframe available at short notice for a new base, a slight glimmer of light i hope at the end of the tunnel? Would be brilliant if it happened but would think it unlikely. Heres to hoping anyway.