PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - LGW
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2006, 17:24
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys can I just say......if you know how to bid you can get the right trips and then the money you want. To be honest you've only just started and there are many people joining after you so you're quite lucky in a way as you'll get up the seniority list quicker than I did for sure!

-Flying hours are not taxable, so what you see is what you get.

-The "alternative" union charges 9.20 by direct debit.

I am sure that Long Haul is going to bring us more money, however when I was a new entrant crew I remember getting up to £700 one month (February even!) just in flying allowances, so once again, good bidding is the key answer. There's a book of swaps available on the 3rd floor, many crew (I used to do it a lot) put in their trips that they want to exchange for there&back's. So have a look at it, you might end up getting another trip thanks to a swap.

Superairhostess good luck with your application for BMED. If 6 day trips are what you're looking for then it will definitely be the airline for you. I know quite a lot of people who moved from BMED to EF/SFLGW and they all did it because they were fed up with being away all of the time. They are happier with the lifestyle with us now, however we do have our problems which we are fighting to resolve.

Believe me, people who have been in the company for a long time have been doing a hard work to try and get the best deal for us and you all, so I would ask you or anybody else not to be too "open" in showing your disappointment/disapproval, especially during the training course or first months online, as people are becoming more and more sensitive about it. After all, even if we might get frustrated at times with BA etc, we do take pride in what we do and do not like other people to make obvious comments which diminsh the good, hard work that we do day in day out.

Happy flying, I wish you both to find the right airline for you very soon.

FBW